Personal Injury: The right way to claim compensation
Recent figures show that over three million people are injured in accidents in the UK each year. And, whether these injuries happen at home, at work, in their cars, or outdoors, in many cases the accident is someone else is at fault and the victim has a right to claim compensation.
It’s true that personal injury litigation can be complex, but with the help of a specialist personal injury solicitor the process does not have to be painful. In fact, it can be very straightforward.
Take a look at our 5 step guide:
- Take control. Rather than agreeing to use your insurance broker’s solicitor without question. Instead work with a specialist personal injury solicitor and be sure that the legal advice you act on is accurate and tailored to your individual circumstances. This often means, amongst other things, that you’ll be able to explore the possibility of rehabilitation paid for by the party that caused the injury.
- Trust in The Law Society. Use an approved and accredited Law Society solicitor, and ideally a practice that is a member of the Law Society’s Personal Injury accreditation scheme. This is shown by a quality mark. Meaning your solicitor will meet the highest standards for personal injury services. You will also be using a specialist legal professional who is regulated and insured.
- Look for APIL accreditation. Choose a solicitor who is a member of APIL the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers. A not for profit organisation that represents injured people.
- Take time for an Initial consultation. Visit your preferred solicitor and discuss your case. You’ll soon know whether you have a justifiable claim and if you can claim compensation.
- Expect care and support. Make the most of your solicitor’s expert advice, they are there to help you get your life back on track through claim compensation and rehabilitation.
PERSONAL INJURY INITIAL CONSULTATION
TM Law’s Terry Maylin is a member of The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) as well as a member or the Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel. He says:
“There are a lot of myths surrounding personal injury lawyers, and fears surrounding professionalism and active stoking of the compensation culture. The fact is that accredited personal injury lawyers only want the very best for their injured client.
In addition, if you choose a qualified and experienced personal injury solicitor to act on your behalf you will also find that they are proactive in seeking out ways to fund your claim, including no win no pay and legal expenses insurance.”
Interested to find out more? Look at our recommended reads –
Personal Injury, understanding the facts? Discover more in our recent blog >>
Personal Injury, know your options – Read the Citizens Advice Guide >>
About TM Law – Specialist Personal Injury Solicitor
Based in Hockley, Essex, TM Law is a small and dedicated solicitors. With many years’ experience, helping businesses and local individuals with matters of personal injury, Wills and Lasting Power of Attorney, compromise agreements, employment disputes, debt collection, commercial disputes and much more.
Led by Terry Maylin, TM Law’s knowledge of the personal injury complaint process, compensation process as well as the financial aid schemes available is second to none and we make no distinction between cases funded by private means, trade unions or legal-expenses insurance.
Terry Maylin is a member of The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) as well as a member or the Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel. A highly experience and well respected personal injury practitioner dedicated to your individual case.
If you have suffered an accident and feel a local, experienced personal injury solicitor would serve you well do get in touch. We’re always happy to help.