These are based upon acting on behalf of either Executors named in a valid Will or acting on behalf of Beneficiaries who are entitled to the deceased’s estate where there is no Will.
- in acting for Executors or Beneficiaries we will identify legally appointed Executors or Administrators or beneficiaries
- We will accurately identify the type of Probate Application we require.
- We will obtain the relevant documents required to make the application.
- We will complete the application for a Grant and relevant HMRC forms.
- We will draft a legal Oath Fee to swear.
- We will make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- We will obtain the appropriate grant and send two copies to you
- We will collect and distribute all assets in the estate
- We will deal with any additional matters arising in dealing with the things as set out above.
On average estates that fall within this range are dealt within the 6 to 12 months. Obtaining Grant of Probate in straight forward cases will usually take 8 to 16 weeks. The collecting in of the assets then follows which can be between 8 to 50 weeks. Once this has been done, we will distribute the assets which normally takes a further 3 to 4 weeks.
For information relating to our costs and other common questions please read our Wills & Probate FAQ page.