Aidan Squire is the fee earner that will deal with your probate matter. Aidan is a very experienced solicitor with over 40 years experience dealing with amongst other things, probate and can deal with all aspects of the estate for the executors from obtaining the grant of probate right through to the final distribution to beneficiaries and accounting to the executors.
These are based upon acting on behalf of either Executors named in a valid Will or acting on behalf of Beneficiaries who are entitled to the deceased’s estate where there is no Will.
- in acting for Executors or Beneficiaries we will identify legally appointed Executors or Administrators or beneficiaries
- We will accurately identify the type of Probate Application we require.
- We will obtain the relevant documents required to make the application.
- We will complete the application for a Grant and relevant HMRC forms.
- We will draft a legal Oath Fee to swear.
- We will make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- We will obtain the appropriate grant and send two copies to you
- We will collect and distribute all assets in the estate
- We will deal with any additional matters arising in dealing with the things as set out above.
On average estates that fall within this range are dealt within the 6 to 12 months. Obtaining Grant of Probate in straight forward cases will usually take 8 to 16 weeks. The collecting in of the assets then follows which can be between 8 to 50 weeks. Once this has been done, we will distribute the assets which normally takes a further 3 to 4 weeks.
For information relating to our costs and other common questions please read our Wills & Probate FAQ page.